Join Our Team!
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer job in downtown Charlottetown? The Startup Zone is seeking a self-motivated Program Assistant with strong organizational skills. This job will allow you to network with new people, learn new skills, and create lasting memories for PEI’s next wave of entrepreneurs (of ALL ages!). The successful candidate will support the execution of the Young Millionaires Program in Charlottetown, and Startup Zone administrative duties, as well as a variety of tasks listed below.
Young Millionaire’s Duties:
- Be a positive and supportive role model to participants.
- Develop and present workshops to youth based on the YMP Curriculum.
- Perform site visits to participants.
- Maintain accurate and detailed notes on participant progress, regional events, workshops & attendance for the Final Report requested at program closure.
- Maintain contact with participants & parents.
- Reach out to local vendors and shops to procure spaces for participants, or to provide participants with a list of possible venues in Charlottetown.
- Other duties as required.
- Support Startup Zone inquiries by phone, email, and in-person.
- In some instances, serve as the first point of contact with prospective resident companies, visitors, event guests, and sponsors.
- Assist with managing internal and external space bookings and rentals and assist with event programming.
- Assist with organizing and managing team Google drive, digital files, and CRM databases.
- Other duties as required.
- To be eligible for this position, you must have attended a post-secondary institution full-time in the current year and intend to return to full-time studies in the Fall of the current year; be a resident of Prince Edward Island and legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Criminal Background Check and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- Familiar with G Suite applications like Gmail, Google Drive, and others.
- Exceptional time management skills and communication abilities.
- Love to meet new people and make connections
- Having a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is an asset.
- Anticipated term: May 30th, 2022 – September 2nd, 2022
- Hourly Rate: $15.60 an hour, at 37.5 hours a week
Do you think you’re the right person for this role? Tell us why! Please email your resume and cover letter to Operations and Community Coordinator, Sam MacLean at email@example.com by 8:00 AM on Tuesday, May 24th, 2022. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Work primarily 9-5 Monday-Friday at Startup Zone with some night and weekend work to assist the Young Millionaires Program Workshops occurring at those times. The Program Assistant will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and standards set out by the Startup Zone Employee Handbook.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Startup Zone invites applications from all qualified individuals. We’re committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.