Join Our Team!
As the Marketing & Content Coordinator, you’ll use your creativity in various ways to share Startup Zone’s story with the world!
Day-to-day you’ll experience an exciting working environment, where you’ll network with entrepreneurs who are building amazing things right here on PEI.
More specifically, using your creative writing skills, you’ll bring these entrepreneurs’ stories to life through the written word. Your keen eye for detail, style, and design would allow you to coordinate photographers, videographers, and more to visually tell stories as well. Using your ability to think strategically, you will help develop innovative ways to promote the Startup Zone brand now and into the future. Last but not least you’ll be a key part of our team’s ongoing efforts to ensure we’re supporting our entrepreneurial community in the best way possible.
The work you will do will help to inform, inspire, and educate people about what’s happening at the Startup Zone and showcase to others that entrepreneurship truly is a viable career choice here on PEI!
ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Support the communications and programming manager in marketing and communications initiatives including marketing & communications plans, and execution of initiatives such as email, event, social media, or content marketing.
- Independently coordinate an asset development project for photography and videography which includes coordinating contractors, and subjects, developing shot lists, styling locations, directing subjects, managing edits, and organization of assets.
- Independently coordinate a mini-storytelling campaign including identifying subjects, booking interviews, developing questions, interviewing subjects, writing stories, and developing a distribution plan for content.
- Provide event support to the communications and programming manager including logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating show flows, and ordering any necessary food & drink or marketing collateral needs.
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing.
- Conduct market research and identify trends.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned and discussed.
- Completion of or workings towards a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Any prior marketing or relevant experience is considered an asset.
- Must have a high level of creativity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- A firm grasp of various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing (specifically, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Tik Tok).
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Occasional travel may be required
- The position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program, which requires applicants to be between 15 and 30 years old.
COMPENSATION AND WORK TERM:
Application deadline: Monday, May 30, 2022, at 8:00 a.m.
Expected start date: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- This is an 8-week contract position.
- The position will begin on June 21, 2022.
- This position is for 35 hours per week.
- The rate of pay is $14/hour.
Do you think you’re the right person for this role? Tell us why! To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com as a way of application for this position. Any applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
The Startup Zone invites applications from all qualified individuals. We’re committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.