Startup Zone Residency
We accept applications on an ongoing basis for our Start and Grow Residency Programs. Both programs are non-sector specific and accept companies with high growth potential from the tech, wellness, food, apparel, and social enterprise sectors (and so much more!).
Our companies have access to resources such as in-kind office hours support with many of our sponsors and community partners, access to in-house mentoring, business specialists, free access to in-person and online events, networking and exposure in our online Slack community, 24/7 access to workspace, and much more!
Startup School Programs
Startup School: Innovator Program
🚀 Currently accepting applications for
the Fall 2022 cohort
The Innovator program is a safe space to develop your business idea or validate your existing early-stage company. This program includes instructional sessions and one-on-one coaching, with the course material focused on helping entrepreneurs “learn by doing.” At the end of this 9-week journey, you will have a clearly defined value proposition and be able to confidently pitch your business to anyone.
In this program you will answer:
- What’s your idea? Identify your idea’s big picture.
- What is the problem? Learn to make a case to show others its value.
- Where does your idea fit? Explore the commercial landscape to recognize the problems your idea can solve.
- Who is your customer? Learn industry specifics to define your idea’s target markets.
- What is your path to market? Identify your existing contact network to help support your idea’s launch.
- Who is your competitive edge? Accurately profile potential rivals to cultivate a competitive edge.
- Can you execute? Analyze the key elements of your idea that will support a compelling business.
- What is your story? Express the business value of your idea in a clear and compelling format.
- Ready to pitch your idea? Create a value proposition that can be used as a pitch deck for funding and investment opportunities.
NEW Startup School: Innovator Program Fall 2022
Start Date: Thursday, October 13, 2022
Start Time: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Reoccurring every Thursday until December 8, 2022
What makes this program impactful?
Turning ideas into tangible opportunities isn’t easy. The Startup School Innovator Program is founder-focused, which means you are on your feet, working with other founders and innovators sharing advice and ideas for nine weeks.
It’s about business value, not business planning. This program provides a guided space for founders to sketch, model, and map the business possibilities of their ideas.
These are not training classes. In this program, you can expect a small group of founders and/or business owners, each with a product idea or concept that they’re passionate about bringing to market.
These are interactive discussions that explore and define a business idea’s potential. his program will include a set of accountability milestones for founders, aimed at quantifying any momentum participants manage to achieve, as well as identifying operational bottlenecks for their companies.
What’s the outcome?
At the end of this 9-week journey, you will be able to confidently pitch your business idea to anyone, including important audiences like funding organizations, investors, potential partners, and your clients or customers.
Book a 15-minute Discovery Call to discover if this program is the right next step for your entrepreneurial journey. The Discovery Call will be facilitated by with the Program Facilitator and a Startup Zone staff member.