Residency Programs Offerings
We accept applications on an ongoing basis for our Start and Grow Residency Programs. Both programs are non-sector specific and accept companies with high growth potential from the tech, wellness, food, apparel, and social enterprise sectors (and so much more!).
Our companies have access to resources such as in-kind office hours support with many of our sponsors and community partners, access to in-house mentoring, business specialists, free access to in-person and online events, networking and exposure in our online Slack community, 24/7 access to workspace, and much more!
Startup School Programming
Startup School is a new branch of programming here at the Startup Zone. At present, we’re accepting enrollment for two NEW Startup School programs to help entrepreneurs START and GROW their businesses on Prince Edward Island and beyond.
Startup School: Innovator
The Innovator program is a safe space to develop your business idea or validate your existing early-stage company. This program includes instructional sessions and one-on-one coaching, with the course material focused on helping entrepreneurs “learn by doing.” At the end of this 9-week journey, you will have a clearly defined value proposition and be able to confidently pitch your business to anyone.
In this program you will answer:
- What’s your idea? Identify your idea’s big picture.
- What is the problem? Learn to make a case to show others its value.
- Where does your idea fit? Explore the commercial landscape to recognize the problems your idea can solve.
- Who is your customer? Learn industry specifics to define your idea’s target markets.
- What is your path to market? Identify your existing contact network to help support your idea’s launch.
- Who is your competitive edge? Accurately profile potential rivals to cultivate a competitive edge.
- Can you execute? Analyze the key elements of your idea that will support a compelling business.
- What is your story? Express the business value of your idea in a clear and compelling format.
- Ready to pitch your idea? Create a value proposition that can be used as a pitch deck for funding and investment opportunities.
The Discovery Call will outline the next steps in the enrolment process.
What makes this program impactful?
Turning ideas into tangible opportunities isn’t easy. The Startup School Innovator Program is founder-focused, which means you are on your feet, working with other founders and innovators sharing advice and ideas for nine weeks.
It’s about business value, not business planning. This program provides a guided space for founders to sketch, model, and map the business possibilities of their ideas.
These are not training classes. In this program, you can expect a small group of founders and/or business owners, each with a product idea or concept that they’re passionate about bringing to market.
These are interactive discussions that explore and define a business idea’s potential. his program will include a set of accountability milestones for founders, aimed at quantifying any momentum participants manage to achieve, as well as identifying operational bottlenecks for their companies.
What’s the outcome?
At the end of this 9-week journey, you will be able to confidently pitch your business idea to anyone, including important audiences like funding organizations, investors, potential partners, and your clients or customers.
Winter/Spring Cohort Full.
Startup Zone: Launch
Do you have a business idea already planned and developed, and now you need help with a launch plan? If you’re ready to establish a business model to support the launch of your business, Startup School: Launch will help you blast out of the incubator!
The Launch Program is intensive. Be prepared to bring your ideas and we will bring the expertise, guiding you to launch your developed business idea to life.
Each session provides a set of challenges that you will complete that will help you bring your business model to reality.
In this program you will:
- Receive three hours of one-on-one advisory support tailored to your business
- Develop a detailed business model to support the full-scale launch of your business
- Focus on market research and test hypotheses about your customers
- Learn to conduct dynamic customer discovery that will help your business grow
- Explore your business’ competitive environment
- Refine your value proposition and validate the customer problems that your business will solve
- Learn how to develop a cost and revenue model to support business growth and help your business be sustainable in any business climate.
All applications will be reviewed by the Startup Zone team, and shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch live via Zoom in front of the judges.
The live pitch event will be a maximum of five minutes with questions from the judges.
Startup Zone will select the top pitches from the pitch event to form the program cohort.
As an added benefit, once accepted into the Launch program, you will be enrolled as a full-time resident company at Startup Zone for six months. (This in itself is a $750 value!)
What makes this program impactful?
The Startup School: Launch helps you as an entrepreneur successfully LAUNCH your business with tested research analysis, planning tools, and business strategies.
These are not training classes. These are active, intuitive, and outcome-driven sessions that provide a platform from which you will launch and accelerate your new business.
These interactive sessions will take your business ideas on the journey to market. This program will include a set of accountability milestones for founders, aimed at quantifying any momentum participants manage to achieve, as well as identifying operational bottlenecks for your business.
What’s the outcome?
You will have the expertise to successfully LAUNCH your business.
This is a competitive program and space is limited so don’t waste time!
Program Details & Key Dates
Summer Cohort Full