Marketing & Operations Manager
The Startup Zone team needs a doer AND a thinker to lead the marketing and operation efforts for our entrepreneurial organization. Similarly to a startup, we’re a small team and wear a lot of hats (mainly metaphorically, but if you’re a hat person, we definitely support it!)
We’re looking for someone with a unique combination of skills that might not usually match together — but we know you’re out there! Rather than this or that, it’s more like yes AND… The person we’re looking for is highly creative and has excellent analytical skills. This person thinks outside the box and has proven execution capabilities, they are someone who loves to share a compelling story and will also attract leads.
Oh, AND this person has a proven track record of organizing workshops and events. Having experience managing programs from start to finish is also a plus. Check out the required education and experience section and if you meet the requirements, please apply!
Marketing and Communication duties, including but not limited to:
- Designing and overseeing all aspects of our marketing and communication department including digital marketing, traditional marketing, email marketing, display/advertising campaigns, asset development, media and press, community engagement, and events and workshops
- Write and/or edit copy including but not limited to press releases, marketing materials, news articles, social media content, and internal communications documents
- Create marketing collateral, including promotional materials, that follows brand guidelines for print, web and social media
- Develop concepts and create reels, TikToks and mobile photography for our social media channels and website
- Develop concepts and oversee management of external partners for asset development projects such as photo & video creation
- Engage our internal community in the development of marketing collateral and communications initiatives that are in line with their business goals and objectives
- Evaluate and report on important metrics that affect website traffic, target audience, social media engagement and event and programming initiatives and report on their performance and effectiveness
- Assist the CEO in developing and executing strategic partnerships and community engagement initiatives
- Work with team members to bounce ideas off of and brainstorm ways to grow and be innovative when it comes to our marketing and communications strategies and tactics.
Operation Responsibilities (Workshops, Events and Programming)
Workshop and event organization duties, including but not limited to:
- Work with team members to develop and manage the annual SUZ event plan that services the needs of resident companies and the greater startup community.
- Lead the planning and execution of Startup Zone events both online and in-person including designing the promotional materials, setting-up online restoration pages, community invites, survey development and execution and final reporting.
- Support the set-up/tear-down of community events hosted in the space, as deemed appropriate.
Startup Zone Programming duties, including but not limited to:
- Work with team members to bring in programming to support the needs of resident companies and the greater startup community.
- Be the primary liaison between program facilitators and the SUZ team
- Work with the program facilitators to develop programming concept, logistics and execution on behalf of the Startup Zone
- Lead the creation of programming promotional material
- Lead the recruitment efforts of program participants
- Develop surveys and report on program outcome
Education & Experience
- Preference will be given to applicants with a degree or diploma in Communications & Marketing, Event Management, Journalism, Public Relations, or relevant field
- A minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a related field is required
Skills & Qualifications
- An understanding of PEI’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in marketing, basic graphic design, copywriting, and editing.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and good time management skills and the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks under conflicting deadlines/priorities.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of marketing principles and stays up-to-date with the latest trends and platforms
- Proven success in organizing and implementing workshops and events
- A positive, team player who demonstrates a willingness to problem solve and independently seek out solutions to challenges
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of digital platforms including but not limited to G Suite, WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, Zoom, and all major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Tik Tok.
- Demonstrated experience working with local and regional media.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- RRSP match
- Health benefits
- Paid Time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- With potential to work hybrid
- Reporting to: CEO
- Start Date: January 4, 2023
- Term: Full-time position
The Marketing & Operations Manager will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and standards set out by the Startup Zone Employee Handbook.
Please email resume and cover letter to CEO, Shelby McDonald at email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Friday, December 16, 2022. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Startup Zone
The Startup Zone accelerates new startups or existing businesses by connecting them with the space, resources, and support they need to grow.