Marketing & Events Coordinator
(Contract position ending in April 2020, with the possibility of extending to a permanent position)
The Startup Zone is currently seeking a Marketing & Events Coordinator who is self-motivated and passionate about storytelling, social media, and event coordination. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing Startup Zone’s social media platforms, designing and executing events and a variety of administrative tasks listed below.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will work at the Startup Zone during office hours 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. There will be some night and weekend work to assist the Startup Zone programming and hosting of events. The Marketing & Events Coordinator will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and standards set out by the Startup Zone Employee Handbook.
Please submit your application by Sunday, October 13th.
Marketing & Social Media
- Develop communications and marketing strategies that build awareness and brand recognition and align with related budgets.
- Write copy for all initiatives, including marketing materials, social media platforms, and internal communications.
- Develop and maintain online communications through social media, newsletters, email.
- Own and manage Startup Zone social media platforms and create timely and engaging content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Maintain and update the Startup Zone website.
- Plan and organize Startup Zone events and workshops from start to finish.
- Lead promotional activities for both Startup Zone events and community events hosted in the space (as required).
- Develop all event materials including online registration pages, invitations, and final reporting.
- Develop in-house programming with local specialists in sales, marketing, legal and accounting.
- Organize team Google drive and update digital filing.
- Liaising with prospective resident companies, visitors, event guests, and sponsors.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, and resident onboarding.
- Other office and admin duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in social media management.
- Effective experience in WordPress and website maintenance.
- Understanding and acceptance of open workspaces.
- Experience using G Suite – Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc…
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications & Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations or relevant field.